July 2022 Group Prompts
Asking your Facebook Group members questions is a great way to increase engagement! Groups are very people-oriented pages, and you want your members to get the most out of their experience.
While the following prompts will give you some ideas, remember - your page needs to be authentic to you and your personal brand! Before you choose a prompt, ask yourself a few questions:
● How is this relevant to me?
● Would I respond to this prompt myself?
● Will this bring value and spark conversation on my page?
At the end of the day, group prompts should do two things: help your followers get to know you better, and help you get to know your clients more personally! Adding pictures from your personal life that relate to the story you’re telling is always a great idea.
**Keep in mind that the anecdotal information in each prompt paragraph should be edited to apply to you and your interests.**
Prompt Ideas for July
Photo by Jingda Chen on Unsplash
1. Independence Day, July 4, 2022) Happy Independence Day! This is one of my all-time favorite holidays, full of good food, good friends, and of course, the perfect fireworks display! If there’s one day I look forward to all year, this would have to be it.
We always host our own 4th of July backyard barbecue, eating, drinking, and having fun in the sun with our closest friends, family members, and neighbors. But, my favorite part of this holiday happens once the sun goes down!
Sometimes we travel to the beach to watch fireworks over the water, and sometimes we just grab a few sparklers and have a blast without ever leaving the house!
Will you be heading somewhere special to watch fireworks today? Or, are you having your own at-home fireworks experience?
2. Sitting by the pool, with a cold drink in hand, is one of the most fun and relaxing ways to spend a bright summer day!
While I usually stick to red wine most of the year, I have to admit that I love a good “fun” drink when the weather’s nice! The drink I choose depends on how I’m feeling that day, but pina coladas, margaritas, and sangria are a few of my favorites.
What about you — what’s your favorite drink to sip on by the pool?
3. Cabi’s Spring Collection won’t be around for much longer, so before we move into Fall, I’d like to take some time to appreciate some of the gorgeous summer dresses this collection has given us!
The Weekend and Spirit dresses have been incredibly popular among my clients, and the Swoon dress is one of my all-time cabi favorites! No matter what you have planned for this summer, there’s a dress in this collection that’s perfect for the occasion.
Which dress do you love the most from this collection? Bonus points for pictures of you rocking it!
Photo by Kelsey Chance on Unsplash
4. One of my favorite things to do in the summer is spending time with all my closest girlfriends! Sometimes we do a Girls’ Day Out, complete with brunch, shopping, and a little time by the pool. But, when we really want to have fun, we do a full-blown Girls’ Night Out that starts with dinner and usually ends with a visit to the karaoke bar!
I have to say that, while our Girls’ Days Out are much more common, I make the best memories during a Girls’ NIGHT Out! How do you spend a GDO or GNO? And, which do you and your friends prefer?!
5. Summer is hands-down my favorite season. I love the warm weather, long days, and general feeling of serenity that these months bring. Most of us agree that this is the best time of year, but some people prefer summer days while others love summer nights.
For me, it’s a toss-up! While I love waking up to the sun shining and birds chirping, I also love sitting on the porch as the sun goes down, listening to the crickets and owls.
Which do you prefer — the sunshine and pool time of summer days or the campfires and sunsets of summer nights?
6. For me, the best thing about this time of year is how many possibilities there are when it comes to personal style!
You might spend your entire summer in dresses and matching sets, or you may live in tee shirts and shorts. Everyone has a different summer style preference, but if you’re like me, it’s probably heavily influenced by how you spend your days!
How do your summer activities influence your style? Do you prefer to keep things casual, or do you take every chance you get to dress up?
7. Spending time by the water is something that almost everyone enjoys during the summer. But, you don’t actually have to get IN the water to have fun!
While a lot of people do enjoy swimming, tubing, and jet skiing, it’s not for everyone. Some people are just as happy sitting on the shore in a lounge chair, having a picnic on the beach, or relaxing with a drink on the pool deck while the kids swim around!
What’s your preference — do you like spending time BY the water or IN the water?
8. Life’s all about taking chances. Some of the things you hated as a kid may now be your favorites, whether we’re talking about food, music, activities, or anything else! But, once we reach adulthood, we tend to stop pushing our boundaries and trying new things as often as we once did.
Although it might make you a little bit uncomfortable, some of the best things in life come out of trying new things and facing our fears. With that said, here’s my question for you: have you ever been scared to do something, but happy you did it in the end? If not, what’s one thing you’re scared to do that you think you could still be convinced of?!
Photo by Element5 Digital on Unsplash
9. I don’t know about you, but just thinking about all the exciting and new experiences I have planned for the summer is enough to keep me going through the brutal cold months of winter!
During the days when I’m shoveling snow off my car or grabbing an extra layer before I leave my house “just in case,” thinking about upcoming vacations, time with family, and warmer weather in general really brightens my day!
Now that cold winter days are behind us and summer’s finally here, I have a question for you! Whether you’ve been planning it for months, weeks, or even just a few days, what are you most excited about doing over the next couple of months?
10. Dresses and matching sets come with similar benefits — both help you look put-together for whatever the day throws at you, and both require little effort when you’re getting ready in the morning!
These types of outfits are great because there’s no going back and forth between tops, trying to find the perfect match for your shorts. Still, people tend to equate them with extra effort and preparation in the morning — it’s the best of both worlds!
Dresses are great for lots of occasions, like shopping, beach trips, or outdoor lunches. But, if you’ll be moving around a lot or heading out to a casual backyard party, the day might call for a matching set instead! Do you have a preference between matching sets and dresses? Or, do you change it up based on what you’re doing?
11. There’s nothing like some good old-fashioned retail therapy! You might be shopping for a whole new wardrobe, or you may be looking for just the right dress to wear on a special occasion.
Whatever the case may be, we all have different ideas of the perfect shopping experience! Some people like to shop online, while others prefer to try everything in-person before they commit.
Likewise, some people do their best shopping with a friend or two, and others would rather go on a solo mission. What about you? Do you like shopping alone or with friends?
Photo by Sam Manns on Unsplash
12. There’s really no age when you stop making friends. Some people stay in contact with their childhood neighbors throughout their lives, and others spend the most time with friends they didn’t meet until well into adulthood.
But, whether you’ve been friends for 40 years or 5 years, there’s something special about the friends you’ve had for the longest!
At what age did you meet your oldest friend? If you’re willing, I’d love to see some “then and now” photos!
13. Whether you’re working your dream job or counting down the days until retirement, we can all agree that sometimes, all you need to feel rejuvenated is a complete day off!
In this day and age, it’s easy for our weekends to become even more fast-paced than the weekdays. You might have errands to run, children or grandchildren to take care of, or household duties to deal with every Saturday and Sunday. But, there are those rare occasions when we truly have a day completely free of all obligations!
On days like these, I like to sleep in, spend time outside, and catch up on all my favorite TV shows — what about you? Tell me all about your ideal day off in the comments!
Photo by Jeff Sheldon on Unsplash
14. Some people love cooking for their family and friends, and others prefer to order takeout every chance they get. But, whether you’re a self-proclaimed master chef or avoid the kitchen at all costs, you probably have at least one meal you truly enjoy cooking!
It could be as simple as your family’s recipe for spaghetti sauce or as complicated as the perfect creme brulee. Once you perfect the process, you can’t wait to share it with everyone you know!
What’s your absolute favorite thing to cook? I’d love to get some new recipes, so drop them in the comments if you’re up for it!
15. When I think of summer activities, one of the first things that come to mind is camping. Camping can be a very polarizing activity — some people absolutely love it, while others cringe when their friends suggest a trip to the woods. But, with so many different ways to camp these days, there are ways to make it fun for everyone!
There’s traditional tent camping, of course, then there’s the option to add an RV into the mix. If you’re like me and absolutely refuse to go anywhere without running water, you might be more of a “glamper!”
Glamping experiences vary, but the most luxurious trips include fully-equipped RVs, portable grills, and of course, plenty of supplies to make it feel just like home! How do you camp? Do you like to rough it in a tent, or do you prefer more of a glamping trip?