May 2022 Group Prompts
Asking your Facebook Group members questions is a great way to increase engagement! Groups are very people-oriented pages, and you want your members to get the most out of their experience.
While the following prompts will give you some ideas, remember - your page needs to be authentic to you and your personal brand! Before you choose a prompt, ask yourself a few questions:
● How is this relevant to me?
● Would I respond to this prompt myself?
● Will this bring value and spark conversation on my page?
At the end of the day, group prompts should do two things: help your followers get to know you better, and help you get to know your clients more personally! Adding pictures from your personal life that relate to the story you’re telling is always a great idea.
**Keep in mind that the anecdotal information in each prompt paragraph should be edited to apply to you and your interests.**
Prompt Ideas for May
1. (National Teacher Appreciation Day, May 3rd, 2022) Today’s a day to celebrate some of the most important people throughout our childhoods - it’s National Teacher Appreciation Day! While everyone’s had their fair share of tough teachers, the amazing ones who really show interest in our lives and education are who we remember years down the line.
In the spirit of National Teacher Appreciation Day, I’d love to hear stories about the teachers who’ve made an impact on your life. Who was your all-time favorite teacher?
2. (Cinco de Mayo, May 5th, 2022) Happy Cinco de Mayo! Although this holiday is traditionally Mexican, it’s celebrated today by people from all walks of life, all over the United States. Many cities host parades or festivals, and some people even host their own parties. Others just use this day as an excuse to go out for margaritas with their friends!
Is Cinco de Mayo something you celebrate? If so, what kind of activities do you usually participate in? Or, what are your plans for this year?
3. (Mother’s Day, May 8th, 2022) Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms, grandmas, and other maternal figures in our lives! These women are some of the most important and influential people in shaping who we become as adults, and today’s a day to recognize and appreciate all they do for us.
One of the most important things our mothers teach us are family traditions, and for that reason, everyone celebrates this special day differently. What are your Mother’s Day plans this year?
4. As the weather continues to warm up and summer vacations get closer, I’ve found myself thinking about one of my favorite summer activities: good old fashioned backyard barbecues! Whether I host it myself or attend one at a friend or neighbor’s house, nothing beats spending time outside relaxing by the pool, listening to music, and enjoying the company of loved ones.
While I love everything about these backyard get-togethers, in my opinion, the best part is the food! What’s your favorite traditional barbecue food? Do you stick to hot dogs and hamburgers? Or, are you more of a side dish fan?
5. There’s nothing I look forward to during the summer season more than traveling! Getting away from the stress and chaos of everyday life is an absolute necessity, even if it’s only for a few days.
While reaching your destination after long hours of traveling is the most satisfying part of any trip, sometimes the journey is just as fun! Some people prefer road trips, while others like traveling by plane. If you’re lucky enough to own a boat, you may even enjoy sailing to your destination! What’s your favorite way to travel during the summer?
6. As much as I’d love to start every morning feeling refreshed and ready to take on whatever comes my way, there are some days when I just wake up on the wrong side of the bed.
But, even when nothing else seems to snap me out of my bad mood, there’s one thing I can count on - going for a quick jog down the road! As cliche as it sounds, nothing can take me from a sour mood to a great mood like exercise.
Any time I’m struggling to find the motivation to tackle my daily workload or errands, I throw on my sneakers, put in my headphones, and let the fresh air do its job. How about you - what’s one thing that can instantly take you from a bad mood to a great mood?!
7. It’s part of human nature to pretend everything is always going well, even when things get challenging. But, the reality is, that everyone goes through days, weeks, and even months when things become almost impossible to control.
The old saying goes, “fake it ‘til you make it,” but sometimes, sharing these challenges with others can actually bring you some peace and help you gain some perspective on the issue!
With this in mind, I’d love for you to share the biggest challenge you’ve faced over this past week or month. Have you found a way to overcome it? Or, are you still trying to navigate the waters?
8. Let’s talk about bad habits - we’ve all had at least one within our lifetimes, whether we’ve found a way to kick it throughout the years or still occasionally catch ourselves doing it. Some people indulge in late-night snacking, while others tend to slouch or forget to take their makeup off before bed.
My bad habit? Biting my nails! I’ve always been a nail-biter, especially when I’m particularly bored or stressed. I’ve found that keeping my nails painted helps, but there are still times when I have to consciously stop myself from biting.
What’s one bad habit of yours, either past or current? If you've managed to kick it, how did you do it?
9. It’s no secret that accessories can make or break an outfit. Some outfits call for gold, while others call for silver. During the summer months, many people also enjoy wearing scarves, sunglasses, and beaded or woven jewelry, especially on beach trips!
But, we all have that one accessory that holds a special place in our hearts. Perhaps it’s a family heirloom necklace, a scarf you got for mother’s day, or even your go-to sunglasses! What’s one accessory you always have on, no matter the occasion?
10. One of my favorite things about cabi is how the designers coordinate each collection. Each season focuses on different trends, and this spring collection features some of the coolest yet: the retro “Vintage Point” trend, the layered looks of the “Like Magic” trend, and my personal favorite, the elevated athleisure “Stop Motion” trend!
We all know that cabi works differently for every style, so I’d love to hear your opinions: which of these three seasonal trends do you love the most? What are your favorite pieces from each?
11. Whenever I meet with my clients for styling sessions, I make sure to ask about any summer vacation plans they have. Where are they going? What will they do on their trip? This way, I can recommend the best pieces to pack in their suitcase, ensuring versatility for whatever comes their way.
But, no matter what my clients have planned this summer, there are three pieces I always recommend as suitcase essentials: the Swoon dress, the Baseline scarf, and the Utility trousers! Whatever your style preferences may be, there’s a way for everyone to incorporate these three pieces into showstopping outfits that turn heads.
Now that I’ve shared my opinion, I want to hear yours! What are your top three cabi pieces to take on vacation?
12. Although I spend a lot of time dreaming of traveling the world, I still have so much appreciation for the area I live in! I’ve been here for years, but I never get tired of taking a quiet walk down the street, talking with the baristas at my local coffee shop, or having a picnic at the local park.
It may not offer the same day-to-day excitement as somewhere like New York City or a beach in Florida, but it’s always been my safe, happy place. What’s your favorite thing about the area you live in? What local activities are your favorite, or what do you tell people to check out when they visit?
13. More and more people are starting to go back to the office, but there are still plenty of us working from home. Some people have maneuvered to remote positions, and certain companies have decided to forego an office altogether!
Over the past couple of years spent working from home, we’ve all established certain rituals that help us stay productive all day long. For me, that means I need my headphones, my favorite work playlist, and of course, a couple of cups of coffee!
What about you - what do you absolutely need while working from home?
14. One of my favorite things to look up in my spare time is little-known fun facts! Even though most of the information you’ll find is completely useless, you’ll stumble upon something really interesting every once in a while! For example, did you know that oranges were once naturally green?!
An orange is a hybrid of the tangerine and pomelo plant, native to subtropical climates. They’re now grown primarily in more temperate climates, causing them to lose their green color and instead turn…orange! Pretty interesting, right?!
Now it’s your turn - what’s one fun fact you know that most people have never heard?
15. Every time cabi releases a new collection, I immediately fall in love with at least a few pieces. While some are quickly replaced as soon as a new collection comes out, a couple become mainstays in my closet for years to come. One piece from the current collection I can tell will become a staple already? The Paper Bag cargo pants!
Even though they’re not something that will match with everything, I love how unique they are. They work all year long, can be dressed up or down, and best of all, they add a little personality to any outfit! What about you? What’s one piece from the spring collection that you know you’ll keep wearing for years?