Asking your Facebook Group members questions is a great way to increase engagement! Groups are very people-oriented pages, and you want your members to get the most out of their experience.
While the following prompts will give you some ideas, remember - your page needs to be authentic to you and your personal brand! Before you choose a prompt, ask yourself a few questions:
● How is this relevant to me?
● Would I respond to this prompt myself?
● Will this bring value and spark conversation on my page?
At the end of the day, group prompts should do two things: help your followers get to know you better, and help you get to know your clients more personally! Adding pictures from your personal life that relate to the story you’re telling is always a great idea.
**Keep in mind that the anecdotal information in each prompt paragraph should be edited to apply to you and your interests.**
Prompt Ideas for December
1. (National Cookie Day, December 4th) Happy National Cookie Day!
I’m not a huge sweets person, but I’ll indulge in a cookie here and there. What I really love is decorating Christmas cookies to give to my neighbors each holiday season!
Even though all that sugar cookie dough and flour makes a huge mess in my kitchen, I love pulling out my cookie cutters and decorating reindeer, Christmas trees, and more.
If you’ve started cookie decorating season, drop some pictures of your masterpieces in the comments!
2. (First Day of Winter, December 21st) It’s the First Day of Winter! Even though most of us have spent the entire month preparing for the holidays, the First Day of Winter always makes me feel a little extra festive.
Cold weather is always an excuse to be lazy, so I’ll be spending the day sitting by the fireplace, drinking hot cocoa, and watching my favorite holiday movies.
How are you celebrating the First Day of Winter?
3. (Christmas Eve, December 24th) Merry Christmas Eve to all who celebrate!
The big day is tomorrow, but I’ve always enjoyed Christmas Eve more than Christmas Day. I love doing that last-minute gift wrapping while holiday music plays in the background, spending time with family, and of course, squeezing in those last few Christmas movies!
What are your Christmas Eve plans? Are you ready for the big day tomorrow?!
4. (New Year’s Eve, December 31st) 3…2…1…Happy New Year! At midnight, we’ll officially enter 2024.
Even though I’ll spend the next month writing 2023 on anything that needs a date, I’m excited for the fresh start this new year will bring.
In honor of New Year’s Eve, I have TWO questions for you. One — how are you celebrating tonight? And two — what’s the #1 thing you want to try in 2024?!
5. I have something to admit…I watched my first holiday movie of the season the day after Halloween!
A lot of people are strict about “no celebrating the holidays until Black Friday,” but I can’t help myself — there are just too many holiday movies to squeeze into a single month!
Whether you’re a holiday movie buff like me or just love re-watching the classics, I’m curious to know…what’s your all-time favorite holiday movie?
6. Whenever I hear myself start to complain about the cold winter weather, I remind myself of those times this past summer when I’d think, “I can’t WAIT for cold weather!”
As much as I dread going out to my car in the sub-freezing winter temperatures, I have to say I definitely prefer the weather being too cold over too hot — at least it’s an excuse to cozy up under a blanket!
What do you think…is it better for the weather to be too hot or too cold?
7. When I was younger, my parents always let me take one day off from school during the month of December to go to the mall and buy something for everyone on my holiday shopping list!
We’d leave right around the time the school bus came, stop at the food court for lunch, then go home and wrap all the presents! Even now, I always give myself a day off from work to do the same each year.
What’s your favorite holiday tradition from your childhood? Do you still celebrate it?
8. From the Coronation Cardigan to the Ford Jacket and Trousers, I think we can all agree that the Fall ‘23 cabi Collection can help you create some wonderful holiday outfits!
This year, I’m planning to wear the Coronation Cardigan, Boutique Cami, and Unwind Pants to my annual holiday party.
What cabi pieces are you wearing for the holidays?
9. There may still be snow on the ground, but it’s already almost time for cabi to announce the Spring ‘24 Collection! The Fall ‘23 Collection will still be available for a while, but now that the season’s almost over, I’ve been thinking about some of our most-loved pieces.
The Cherish Blouse and Tahiti Top have been very popular with my clients, and the Flora Blouse is one item I’ll keep in my closet for years to come!
What Fall ‘23 cabi piece has an indefinite place in your closet?
10. As long as they’ve been on the market, I’ve been an iPhone girl! Android users make a strong case (and they love to make fun of us iPhone users!), but I’ve never been swayed.
I love FaceTime, iMessage, and everything else about using an iPhone. Plus, connecting my phone to my Macbook means I can make phone calls and send texts when my phone’s across the room!
What team are you on — iPhone or Android?
Photo attributions: Picture 2- Image by <a href="https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/christmas-cookies-wooden-background_964714.htm#query=christmas%20cookie&position=8&from_view=search&track=ais&uuid=45edbdd8-e913-400e-bd60-4f55c97dd442">Freepik</a>
Picture 3-<a href="https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/christmas-holiday-gift-box-with-postcard-merry-xmas-decorated-festive-table_5041943.htm#query=wrapped%20gifts&position=42&from_view=search&track=ais&uuid=d040e36b-6bf2-480a-9f07-617d7af04cea">Image by azerbaijan_stockers</a> on Freepik