December 2022 Group Prompts
Asking your Facebook Group members questions is a great way to increase engagement! Groups are very people-oriented pages, and you want your members to get the most out of their experience.
While the following prompts will give you some ideas, remember - your page needs to be authentic to you and your personal brand! Before you choose a prompt, ask yourself a few questions:
● How is this relevant to me?
● Would I respond to this prompt myself?
● Will this bring value and spark conversation on my page?
At the end of the day, group prompts should do two things: help your followers get to know you better, and help you get to know your clients more personally! Adding pictures from your personal life that relate to the story you’re telling is always a great idea.
**Keep in mind that the anecdotal information in each prompt paragraph should be edited to apply to you and your interests.**
Prompt Ideas for December
1. (National Cookie Day - December 4th, 2022) There are lots of ways to get into the holiday spirit during the month of December, but I think baking cookies is the absolute best!
Whether I’m making sugar cookies to decorate and bring to a party or snickerdoodles to enjoy by the fireplace with my family, there’s nothing I love more than the smell of cookies in the oven.
In honor of National Cookie Day, I’d love to hear all about your favorite types of cookies to bake. And if you care to share, drop the recipe down below!
2. (First Day of Winter, December 21st, 2022) Just in time for the holiday season, today marks the official First Day of Winter!
Even though cold weather has been here for months, there’s always something special about the Winter Solstice.
There are tons of fun activities you can do during the winter. Some people like to go outside and ski, snowboard, or sled, while others would rather stay inside with a cup of hot chocolate and a good holiday movie!
What’s your favorite activity when winter comes around?
3. (Christmas Eve, December 24th, 2022) It’s the most magical day of the year — Merry Christmas Eve!
In my opinion, Christmas Eve is even more exciting than Christmas Day. The tree is lit, Christmas movies are playing in the background, and everyone’s getting ready for what tomorrow has in store.
Everyone celebrates Christmas Eve differently. Some people welcome extended family members into their home for a big Christmas Eve dinner, while others relax with their spouses and children listening to Christmas music and preparing for Santa’s arrival!
How are you celebrating Christmas Eve? Have any special traditions you’ll be honoring tonight?
4. (New Year’s Eve, December 31st, 2022) Happy New Year’s Eve! As we move out of 2022 and into 2023, I’ve been thinking about everything I want to accomplish in the New Year and the steps I’ll need to take to get there.
But, before we get down to business, it’s time to celebrate! How will you be celebrating New Year’s Eve this year? Are you staying home or heading to a NYE party?
5. Decorating the house in preparation for the holiday season is a December tradition we all love to take part in.
When I was a kid, I’d always help my parents outside as they strung lights all around the house. It sure takes a while, but it looks amazing when it’s done!
Nowadays, projector lights make decorating your house for the holidays easier than ever. But, some still prefer the classic string light look! What do you think — projection lights or string lights?
6. There’s nothing better than a hot drink on a cold morning! Coffee and tea are popular throughout the year, but during the coldest days of winter, we have a few more options.
Two drinks I love when it’s cold outside are hot chocolate and hot apple cider. Both are delicious, but if I had to pick, I think I’d say hot cider is my favorite!
What about you — hot chocolate or hot cider?
7. If you celebrate Christmas, you know how much festive spirit a perfectly-decorate tree adds to your home.
In my house, we have a tradition of going down to the tree farm and searching for, then chopping down, the perfect Christmas tree! But, some people prefer to take the work out of the equation and set up a fake tree.
There’s no searching in the cold, no unsightly bare spots, and no loose pine needles, so I can’t say I blame them!
Which do you prefer — a real Christmas tree or a fake one?
8. There’s no better time than now to take a trip down to the ski lodge!
Whether you enjoy winter sports like skiing and snowboarding or not, we can all agree that a ski-themed vacation is a staple of the winter season.
Do you like to participate in winter sports, or do you prefer to stay in the lodge with a cup of hot chocolate? If you do like winter sports, which is your favorite — skiing or snowboarding?
9. These days, it seems like that perfect white Christmas only exists in Hallmark movies. But in some areas of the country, it still snows on Christmas day!
Waking up to snow on Christmas is a dream for some people, while others would prefer a relatively warm Christmas day where they can drive to their family members’ houses without worrying about slipping and sliding on the road.
If you could choose, which would you pick? A white Christmas or a sunny Christmas?
10. One of my favorite things about the holiday season is all the options you have outfit-wise!
Whether you choose to dress up in your favorite dress, stay comfy in an “ugly sweater,” or even wear your pajamas all day, it doesn’t matter!
The holidays are all about spending time with family, and in my house, it’s always a “come as you are” dress code.
What’s your holiday style? Do you like to dress up or stay comfy?
11. Holiday parties are in full swing this time of year. Companies are hosting their annual holiday parties, friends are gathering for festive dinners and drinks, and family members are coming into town to celebrate this magical season.
I think hosting these holiday parties can be fun, but I’d always rather be an attendant than a hostess — all I have to do is show up and have a good time!
What’s your take on holiday parties? Would you rather host or attend?
12. In December, when temperatures can reach below freezing, staying warm is essential.
Outside, you’ll need a winter coat or jacket. But, while you’re inside, sweaters and cardigans are a much better choice!
Cardigans are great because you can easily adjust according to the temperature, but sweaters are ideal if you want to keep warm all day long!
Which fits better into your winter wardrobe — sweaters or cardigans?
13. Cabi has two pullovers in the Fall ‘22 Collection that make perfect winter sweaters — the Chalet pullover and the Shetland pullover!
Both feature a signature winter pattern and a sweater knit feel, making them the perfect choice for this season’s “sweater weather!”
If I had to pick my favorite of the two, I think I’d choose the Chalet pullover. You just can’t beat the gorgeous snowflake pattern!
Which do you like better? The Chalet pullover or the Shetland pullover?
14. As we get older and things get busier, connecting with our best girlfriends becomes more important than ever.
But, finding time to spend a whole day with your friends can be tough with everything else going on, so a lot of people opt for quick meetups at a coffee shop or drinks before dinner!
How would you rather reconnect with old friends — over coffee or at a happy hour?
15. It’s no secret that getting ready in the morning takes a good amount of time.
After finishing your skincare routine, putting on your makeup, and picking out an outfit, you still need to muster the strength to get your hair done!
While we’d all love to have camera-ready hair wherever we go, it’s always easier to get ready when you have a go-to easy hairstyle.
When I’m running low on time, I always go for a French braid. But, I am always looking for new ideas!
What’s your go-to easy hairstyle? If you have them, I’d love to see pictures!