September 2022 Group Prompts
Asking your Facebook Group members questions is a great way to increase engagement! Groups are very people-oriented pages, and you want your members to get the most out of their experience.
While the following prompts will give you some ideas, remember - your page needs to be authentic to you and your personal brand! Before you choose a prompt, ask yourself a few questions:
● How is this relevant to me?
● Would I respond to this prompt myself?
● Will this bring value and spark conversation on my page?
At the end of the day, group prompts should do two things: help your followers get to know you better, and help you get to know your clients more personally! Adding pictures from your personal life that relate to the story you’re telling is always a great idea.
**Keep in mind that the anecdotal information in each prompt paragraph should be edited to apply to you and your interests.**
Prompt Ideas for September
(Eat an Extra Dessert Day - September 4th, 2022) Today’s not one of the most popular “holidays,” but it sure is a fun one! Happy “Eat an Extra Dessert Day!”
I never need an excuse to grab a piece of cake or cookie after dinner, and knowing that it’s Eat an Extra Dessert Day makes it even easier to indulge. I’m a big fan of all things sweet, but I think my absolute favorite dessert of all time is a fresh-baked brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
What about you — what’s your all-time favorite dessert?
2. (Labor Day - September 5th, 2022) Happy Labor Day everyone! As the unofficial “last day of summer,” this holiday can be pretty bittersweet. But, the promise of a day off does take some of the sting out of it!
Whether you can’t wait for fall to arrive or you’re mourning the end of the summer season, we can all agree on one thing — there’s nothing better than a good
old-fashioned Labor Day celebration!
This year, I’ll be spending Labor Day outside having a backyard barbecue with my family and neighbors. We’ll eat great food, swim in the pool, and talk about all the exciting activities we have planned for fall. How will you be celebrating Labor Day this year?
3. When I think back on my childhood, some of my fondest memories were spent with my grandparents. Spending weekends at their house, going on vacations with the whole family, and even celebrating holidays together, it always seemed like I could get away with more while my grandparents were around!
Sometimes, that meant getting an extra slice of cake at a party. Other times, it meant I had a partner-in-crime to help me convince my parents to let me stay up a couple of hours later on Christmas Eve!
Were you close with your grandparents growing up? If so, what’s your favorite childhood memory with them? Or change this up... What is your favorite thing about being a grandparent?
4. Every fall, my family and I take part in one of our favorite traditions — apple and pumpkin picking! I love driving up to the orchard, walking along the trees searching for the perfect apples, then finishing up the journey at the pumpkin patch!
When we finally get back home, my family likes to relax on the couch to recover from the journey. Me on the other hand? I spend the evening in the kitchen baking apple pies, pumpkin pies, and roasting pumpkin seeds!
While I love both apple AND pumpkin picking, some people prefer one over the other. Which is your favorite — apple picking, pumpkin picking, or both?!
5. Fall is on the horizon, and with it comes some of my favorite fashion trends! Plaid and animal print patterns are always popular this time of year, but I think the warm tones and colors are really the best part of dressing for fall.
Reds, oranges, browns, and tans are all in style right now. I love wearing the traditional bright reds and burnt oranges, but I’ve also found that coral and light tan tones become mainstays in my wardrobe during the autumn season!
What are your favorite colors and patterns to wear during fall?
6. Every summer when cabi releases the annual Fall Collection, the first thing I look at is the new jackets, cardigans, and coats we have available! Some of my friends think I’m crazy for ordering a coat during the hottest days of summer, but I think it’s always best to be prepared for when the cold weather hits!
This season, I’m really loving the red checkered Evita coat and the pastel and earthy-toned Cloud cardigan! I can wear the Cloud cardigan on those cool fall mornings, and the Evita coat works well all throughout the fall and winter seasons.
What’s your go-to jacket from the new Fall Collection?
7. Fall is the perfect time to accessorize. Layering is always in style, and there’s no risk of overheating if you go a little overboard. Some people are careful to avoid “over-accessorizing,” but in my mind, there’s no such thing!
With all the possibilities, it can be hard to pick a favorite type of fall accessory. But, when all else fails, I know that adding my favorite scarf or a cute brimmed hat will take any autumn outfit to the next level. Which would you add to a chic layered outfit — a scarf or a hat?
8. September is one of my favorite months. The hot, humid days of summer are quickly disappearing, and brisk, cool weather is moving in!
Apart from the more temperate weather, one of my favorite things about fall is seeing the leaves change color and fall into the street. While some people see this as a burden as they rake or blow leaves off their lawns, I absolutely love it!
In my opinion, there’s nothing that says “fall” like going “leafing” — or driving down to a trail and walking along, admiring the bright orange and red leaves falling around me! The photo ops are amazing, and the general feeling really gets me in the mood to go home and make a cup of hot apple cider!
Do you like to participate in this tried-and-true fall tradition? Bonus points for your favorite leaf photos!
9. As much as I love summer, every year I find myself getting more and more excited as fall grows closer! The warm weather is nice for a while, but as it gets hotter and hotter throughout the summer, I start mentally preparing for the fun activities we all enjoy when things start to cool down.
From apple and pumpkin picking to curling up on the sofa and watching scary movies, there are lots of activities that only feel right during the fall. I believe this time of year is best spent with family, whether you like to stay inside or spend your days outdoors. Which type of fall activities do you prefer — indoor or outdoor?
10. Now that summer’s coming to an end, I’ve been thinking a lot about everything I’ve done over the past few months and planning what I want to do again next summer!
This summer, I’ve taken trips, spent time with family and friends, and gone to lots of fun events like concerts! But, I think my favorite memory of this past summer is spending a week with my family on our annual summer vacation.
What’s your favorite memory from this past summer? I’d love to hear your stories and see some pictures!
11. With so many daily responsibilities to take care of, from work to family to general house care, it can be tough to find the time to spend doing what you really love! But, the second everything is in order and I can finally take some time for myself, I love to think up new “projects” to keep my creativity alive!
Sometimes that means redecorating a room in my home, and sometimes it means baking an array of homemade goodies to give to my friends and neighbors! What’s your latest project? How’s it coming along so far?!
12. Whether it’s spring, summer, fall, or winter, jewelry is always an appropriate accessory! I have a huge collection of necklaces and earrings, and my favorite part of getting ready for the day is choosing the perfect jewelry to make my outfit pop.
Sometimes all I need is a cute set of hoops. Other times, I go all out with a statement necklace and some gorgeous dangly earrings! But, if I had to pick one, I think I’d say necklaces are my favorite type of jewelry.
What about you? What is your favorite type of jewelry or a couple of your favorite pieces?
13. I love preparing all types of food throughout the year, but the fall and winter seasons are my favorite times to do it!
Whether I’m cooking Sunday dinner for my family or baking a cake for a party, I love creating something from scratch in the kitchen. Baking is always fun, whether you do it alone or get the whole family in on the action, but I think I prefer cooking — especially when it comes time for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Do you like to cook or bake? If so, which is your favorite?
14. If you have light brown or blonde hair, you know that spending time in the sun during the summer can really lighten it up! But in the fall and winter, I notice some of my friends dying their hair darker colors to keep it on trend with the darker-colored clothing they wear.
I’ve personally never done it, but I’ve been tempted on a couple of occasions! What’s your opinion — do you like to change up your hair color during the colder months? Or do you stick to one color year-round?
15. As I spend the weekdays trying to keep up with the hustle and bustle of life, I find myself fantasizing about my ideal “self-care day.”
There are some days when I’ll spend a little extra time taking care of myself by putting on a face mask in the evening or doing a deep conditioning treatment on my hair, but I’d love to do an entire self-care day sometime soon!
That could mean spending the entire day at the spa, or it could mean just relaxing at home with a hot cup of tea and some cucumbers on my eyes. Have you ever taken a “self-care day?” What’s your ideal routine?!