October 2022 Group Prompts
Asking your Facebook Group members questions is a great way to increase engagement! Groups are very people-oriented pages, and you want your members to get the most out of their experience.
While the following prompts will give you some ideas, remember - your page needs to be authentic to you and your personal brand! Before you choose a prompt, ask yourself a few questions:
● How is this relevant to me?
● Would I respond to this prompt myself?
● Will this bring value and spark conversation on my page?
At the end of the day, group prompts should do two things: help your followers get to know you better, and help you get to know your clients more personally! Adding pictures from your personal life that relate to the story you’re telling is always a great idea.
**Keep in mind that the anecdotal information in each prompt paragraph should be edited to apply to you and your interests.**
Prompt Ideas for October
1. (International Coffee Day, October 1st) Happy International Coffee Day! As silly as it might seem, this is a “holiday” I wait all year long for. My local cafe usually offers free coffee to the first 100 customers of the day, but even if I miss the cut off, I still use it as an excuse to stop in and grab a cup!
It seems like everybody has a strong opinion on the coffee they drink. Some people stick strictly to black coffee, and others love to go all out with customized signature lattes!
If you’re more of a “fun” coffee drinker, you probably know all about Starbucks’ signature Pumpkin Spice Lattes. But, have you tried their Apple Crisp Macchiatos yet? It’s a real game changer, and my absolute favorite fall coffee!
Do you stick to the basics when it comes to coffee, or do you like switching it up with different flavors? What’s your all-time favorite coffee drink?!
2. (Instagram’s Birthday, October 6th) Today’s a special day for all of us social media lovers — it’s Instagram’s 12th birthday!
Instagram sure has gone through a lot of changes over the years. When I first joined back in 2012, they hadn’t even released the Direct Messaging feature! And since then, the app has become all but unrecognizable from the original format.
In honor of Instagram’s birthday today, let’s all take a moment to reminisce — what year did you first join Instagram? And if it’s not too embarrassing, share the first photo you ever posted!
3. (Halloween, October 31st) It’s finally Halloween! No matter how you celebrate this exciting holiday, I think we can all agree that the costumes are the best part.
In my opinion, nothing beats spending hours at the local costume store during the weeks leading up to Halloween. Sometimes I’m trying on everything in the store myself, and other years I’m helping my children search for the perfect costume for trick or treating!
Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? If so, what are you wearing?!
4. (Sweetest Day, October 15th) Today’s a lesser-known holiday, but one of the “sweetest” there is — Happy Sweetest Day!
This holiday is all about showing kindness and support to those you care about. Some people give small gifts to their friends and family, while others just take a little extra time to share the love among their community.
Have you ever celebrated this holiday? If not, now’s the perfect time to begin! How can you spread love on Sweetest Day?
5. (Breast Cancer Awareness Month) October marks Breast Cancer Awareness Month, something I hold near and dear to my heart. There are lots of ways to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research, so I encourage all of you to check out what’s happening in your community!
The most important thing to remember is that, no matter how little of an impact you think one person can make, every act of charity counts!
You could gather a couple of girlfriends and have a bake sale to raise funds, spend a couple of dollars to buy a ribbon outside the grocery store, or sign-up for a Race for the Cure to get some exercise AND support a great cause!
What’s your favorite act of charity to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month?
6. One of my favorite October activities is taking my annual trip to the pumpkin patch! Finding the prettiest pumpkin in the patch is the easy part — it’s when I get back home that the real work begins!
The first thing I do is cut the top off and scoop out the insides. Then, I separate out the seeds to bake later on and make my favorite thing in the world — a homemade pumpkin pie!
But, the fun doesn’t end there. While I always carved pumpkins growing up, I’ve recently taken up pumpkin PAINTING!
Just sketch out a quick design, grab your acrylic paints, and you’re ready for an afternoon of fun! Have you ever tried pumpkin painting? Or are you more into carving jack-o-lanterns?
7. I’ve never been much of a horror movie buff, but as soon as October hits, there’s nothing I love more than popping some popcorn, sitting on the couch, and putting on a good scary movie!
In my opinion, nothing beats the classics — the original Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Scream are all some of my favorites! Do you like to watch scary movies in the weeks leading up to Halloween? What are some of your all-time favorites?
8. Let’s talk about one thing we just cannot seem to avoid this time of year — candy! I do try my best to eat healthy, and most of the time, candy is just an occasional treat I’ll grab on my way out of the grocery store. But, from Halloween to Valentine’s Day, I will admit I indulge more often!
When I was younger, I loved Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, M&Ms, and other types of chocolatey candy. But as I’ve grown older, I’ve become more fond of fruity candy like Starbursts, Sour Patch Kids, and Skittles!
What about you — what was your favorite type of candy as a kid, and what are a couple of your favorites now? Have your tastes changed at all?
9. As I scroll through Facebook or Instagram, there’s one type of post that makes me stop and read every time — life hacks!
I love finding new and easy ways to get household and personal tasks done more quickly, and there are a few that have become common practice for me!
Here’s one of my favorites — ironing button-up shirts can be tricky, as you need to be careful not to damage or pull on the buttons. But, if you turn the shirt inside out before you begin, the problem disappears!
Now that I’ve shared my favorite life hack, I’d love to hear from you! What’s one life hack that’s made your life much easier on a regular basis?
10. As the weather gets colder, especially at night, I love sitting by a fire. Whether I’m relaxing in front of my fireplace watching TV or out in the backyard hosting a bonfire, there’s nothing like the crackling of the wood and that signature “campfire” smell!
Sitting outside with friends and family on a cool night sure is nice, but if I had to pick one, I think I’d choose to curl up in front of the fireplace. Which do you like better — an outdoor bonfire or sitting by the fireplace with your family?
11. I’m absolutely loving cabi’s first set of New Arrivals for the Fall Collection — Coastlines! While most of our New Arrivals only feature a few pieces, this one comes with fourteen options to choose from!
I can’t wait to wear the Legacy shirt when I go on my annual apple picking trip, and I’m so excited to add the gorgeous Serpent wrap to my office wardrobe! But, if I had to pick my absolute favorite, I’d say I’m most excited for the mesh-sleeved Duet dress.
Which piece from the new Coastlines collection are you most excited for?!
12. I can always count on cabi for my go-to fall jacket each year! There are tons of amazing options available in the Fall ‘22 Collection, but the two my clients have been most excited about are the Agent jacket and the Evita coat.
The double-breasted Agent jacket features a beautiful black herringbone pattern, and the neutral grayscale tones make it the perfect piece to add to your fall capsule wardrobe!
Looking for something a bit more colorful? The gorgeous red checkered Evita coat is another great choice! Featuring a self-tie closure for an instant shape-up, this red jacket will work well all throughout the winter months.
Which of these stunning jackets would you rock?
13. I love wearing printed clothing all year long, but especially in the fall! Plaid is always popular this time of year, but I’ve also really been loving animal print lately. Luckily, there’s plenty of both in cabi’s Fall collection to appeal to any taste!
The pastel plaid Legacy shirt from our new Coastlines collection is one piece I’m super excited to wear this fall, and the autumn plaid Yorkshire shacket really lets you feel your chic country fantasy!
As far as animal print goes, the long-sleeved safari print Round Trip blouse is perfect for those cool mornings heading to the office, and the leopard print Replay top layers beautifully with the tan Mason jacket!
As you can see, I absolutely adore all of these patterned and printed pieces. But, I think I still like Plaid the best! Which is your favorite during fall — plaid or animal print?
14. Fall is my favorite time of year. Why? Because I can finally pull out and wear all my favorite boots!
I’ve really been loving knee-high boots and little ankle booties lately. And, even though some people think they’re outdated, I still adore my Uggs when it starts getting really cold!
There are so many different types of boots, and all work best for different occasions. I love wearing my heeled leather boots to the office and when I go out for dinner! But some fall occasions, like trekking through the woods to look at the changing leaves, definitely call for flat work boots.
I’m always interested in finding new boots to wear, so I’ll ask all of you! What are your favorite pair of boots? Bonus points for pictures!
15. As much as I love looking through my closet crafting the perfect outfit for an occasion, I know it’s really how you accessorize that makes or breaks a look!
Like most people, one of my favorite ways to accessorize my outfits is with jewelry. I love statement pieces, like cabi’s new Jaguar set, but sometimes, you just need a little touch of bling to really pull your look together!
When I’m looking for that perfect finishing touch, I turn to two different sets from cabi’s Fall collection — the Dazzle set and the Stellar set!
I love pairing the darker jewels on the Stellar set with cool tones, like blacks, whites, and grays, and I usually go with the white stones on the Dazzle set whenever I want to spice up an outfit with bright colors or prints!
How would you style the Dazzle set and Stellar set? Which is your favorite?!